A list of the best inspirational & motivational quotes, words, phrases, lines & sayings that will help you stay positive, boost your confidence, & uplift your spirit.
Their words can help you can believe in yourself to overcome obstacles, never give up, keep pushing forward, achieve your goals & become successful.
1. "Make each day your masterpiece. Life is now. Life is not later on." - John Wooden
This inspirational quote about living life to the full is by John Robert Wooden. He is considered the greatest NCAA basketball head coach of all time. But many people knew him simply as coach.
2. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
A journey of a thousand Chinese miles starts beneath one's feet' is a common saying that originated from a famous Chinese proverb. The quotation is from Chapter 64 of the Tao Te Ching. This saying teaches that even the longest and most difficult ventures have a starting point; something which begins with one first step.
3. "All things are difficult before they are easy." - Thomas Fuller
This quote from Thomas Fuller implies that patience is a virtue when it comes to learning as it takes time to learn to do things. What seems easy to us now was once difficult. Fuller was a prolific author, and one of the first English writers able to live by his pen.
4. "Always focus on how far you've come, not how far you have to go." - Motivational Quote
This motivational quote is fantastic at giving you extra drive and determination to get to your goal, whatever it may be. When you consider how far you have traveled or what you've experienced to get to where you are, that in itself can give you the energy for the next step.
5. "Life is an adventure, not a package tour" - Eckhart Tolle
This inspirational quote from Eckhart Tolle can change the way you look at life in an instant. It can empower you to accept the wonderful reality that your adventure through life is not pre-determined. You can create any reality you choose.
6. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” -Confucius
An inspirational quote by Chinese philosopher Confucius about the value of Soul.
7. "When the storm has passed, put your energy into rebuilding your life, don't waste time looking back." - Leon Brown
Leon Brown was an outfielder in Americas Major League Baseball. Many of his inspirational quotes inspire you to take action so that you may live the life of your dreams.
8. "It's ok if you fall apart sometimes. Tacos fall apart and we still love them." - Zoe Witcomb
This inspirational quote is perfect to put a smile on your face, even if things have gone a bit wrong lately.
9. "There is no education like adversity." -Benjamin Disraeli
When life's challenges arise, belief in the knowledge that you will have no choice but to grow as you move forward is summed up in this quote from British ex-prime minister and statesman Benjamin Disraeli.
10. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
It is strange to consider that challenging experiences throughout life are the most beneficial. The education experience and growth they give you is invaluable and perfectly summed up by the "a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor" quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt.
11. "The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
This inspirational quote from Stephen McCranie tells you to embrace failure and use it as energy to move towards your goal.
12. "It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out, it's the pebble in your shoe." - Muhammad Ali
This inspirational quote from Muhammad Ali contains wisdom that can apply to all walks of life.
13. "The Past Does Not Equal The Future." - Tony Robbins
This inspirational quote comes from life-coach and master motivator Tony Robbins. It is a great line to remember when getting over tougher times and starting a new chapter in your life.
14. "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again" - Nelson Mandela
This quote comes from the South African activist and former president Nelson Mandela. He helped bring an end to apartheid and has been a global advocate for human rights.
15. "The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself." - Wallace Stevens
One of America's most respected poets and philosophers, Wallace Stevens wrote these uplifting words. He was a master stylist, using an extraordinary vocabulary combined with a rigorous precision in writing his poems.
16. "Happiness is not something to postpone for the future, it is something you design for the present." - Jim Rohn
This quote from Jim Rohn is pure wisdom. As tomorrow is always a day away, happiness would be too if you were to ignore his advise. Jim was an American entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker.
17. "Success isn’t about how your life looks to others. It’s about how it feels to you." - Michelle Obama
Michelle expands on this by saying "We realized that being successful isn't about being impressive, it's about being inspired. And that's what it means to be your true self. It means looking inside yourself and being honest about what you truly enjoy doing."
18. "Do or do not. There is no try" - Master Yoda
Embrace this wisdom from Master Yoda, and you can crush any self-doubt that you have. "Trying" to do something, whatever it may be, is setting yourself up for failure. Having the concrete belief it will be done or achieved before you start takes you an extra step towards success.